How to choose the best song for a marriage proposal?
The marriage proposal is one of the most memorable events a couple will share. It is the first real step towards the wedding and, of course, it is very stressful for the person who is doing the proposal as he wants to make it unforgettable. When we consult clients about the proposal planning and go over the ideas, we always suggest adding music to the event. Music can help to set up a romantic mood and make the evening special.
How to choose the right song for your marriage proposal?
- Maybe you one of those couples, who actually have a song that represents your relationship. It can be a song you first dance together or a song that you heard on your first date. If you do, congratulations, you don’t need to look for it anymore and just be sure this song will be playing at your proposal.
- Very often we have couples who met at the music concert. This can make your choice of music easier as you can play the album of the artist, who you went to the concert at. For example, we had a couple from Florida, who loved EDM music, so we just played their favorite DJs during the proposal.
- Pay attention to what she is listening to in the car and at home. Very often girls get obsessed over a song and play it again and again, so this is your chance to detect that song and include it to the proposal.
- Compose your own. This is a perfect opportunity to show your partner your commitment and talents. This project will definitely take time, but there is nothing like seeing your partner’s eyes when you perform your own song.
- If you really don’t know, which song to choose, go with the classic love song. But make sure you look through the lyrics and choose the one that better represents your relationship.
What is the best way to play the music on your proposal?
So you choose a song and now you need to decide if you want to have a musician playing the song, a live band or play over the speakers.
We always recommend going for a live musician, when you proposing in a quiet, private environment. A violin or saxophone player will be perfect for the candlelight rooftop marriage proposal. Or you can go with the guitar player, who can play and sing the song. Usually, musicians are not allowed to use the amplify system for a performance, so in order to enjoy the music to the fullest, it needs to be a quiet place, like a rooftop or a private venue.
For the clients, who don’t mind public attention, we would recommend going with the live band. It can be a mariachi band or an instrumental group. Mariachi performances always attract attention and make the proposal very celebratory.
If you planning to have friends and family to witness the proposal, we would recommend playing music over the speakers. It’s not a secret, that family members get very emotional at events like this, so most likely they all will be very busy congratulating and talking to each other than paying much attention to the music. So it will be nice to have background music, just for the mood.
Best songs for a marriage proposal.
We know that sometimes it’s hard to choose one song for a marriage proposal as there so many options, so we come up with the 10 most popular engagement songs that you can use for your proposal.
- Ed Sheeran – ‘ Thinking out loud’/ ‘ Perfect’
- All-4-One – ‘ I swear’
- Bryan Adams – ‘I do it for you’
- Jack Johnson – ‘ Better Together’
- Train – ‘ Marry Me’
- John Legend – ‘ You and I’ / ‘ All of me’
- Jason Derulo – ‘ Marry Me’
- Bruno Mars – ‘ Marry You’
- John Mayer – ‘XO’
- James Arthur – ‘ Say you won’t let go’
- Christina Perri – ‘ A thousand years’
- Kina Grannis – ‘ Can’t help falling in love”
- Marvin Gaye – ‘ Aint no mountain high enough”
- Us the Duo – ‘ Better together’
- Dan+Shay – ‘Speechless’
If you were planning to propose this summer season, but don’t know where to start, contact us now email@example.com and our experienced team will help you to create the most unforgettable moment in your life.