Janes Carousel Marriage Proposal
Jane’s Carousel (formerly Idora Park Merry-Go-Round) is a carved, wooden, 48-horse carousel that was built in 1922 for the Idora Park amusement park in Youngstown, Ohio by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company.
When Idora Park closed to the public in 1984, the carousel was bought at auction by Jane and David Walentas and moved to Brooklyn, New York for restoration.
It was opened to the public at its new location in Brooklyn Bridge Park on the East River in Brooklyn on September 16, 2011.
It is one of the most popular attraction in Brooklyn and has the fantastic view to the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan.
It is also one of our most favorite proposal spots in the city. Why do we love it:
- The carousel is covered in a glass structure, so it is absolutely private. Rain or snow wont be a problem for your engagement.
- You can make your own playlist for the one hour ride. So it will be absolutely personalized proposal.
- You have the best view to the city and it looks stunning on the pictures.
- Your friends and family can join you
- You can decorate the space inside with the candles and flowers.
Also, from the experience, Janes Carousel is always a surprise proposal. No one ever will suspect that a marriage proposal is coming there. It is just so natural to walk by and decided to stop inside to check the carousel and the nest thing they know you on one knee and your favorite music is playing. Very beautiful and romanic proposal idea.