New York City proposal ideas: Romantic proposal in the park
New York is filled with magic. From the extravagant observation decks to tranquil parks, this city has a little bit of everything for everyone. As loud as a big city can be, New York is rather intimate and quiet at night. And for those couples who are looking for this big city stillness, we created our signature proposal package ” Premium light the night” in Central Park.
Imagine walking in Central Park and stumbling upon a gazebo covered in lights and candles. Take your partner by the hand and walk inside. Soft music and the city skyline in the background will help to create an intimate atmosphere. Propose in private and enjoy the moment, our secret photographer will be taking pictures from a distance and then come closer to take more obvious shots.
This package is sufficient on its own, but you can always customize it the way you want. You can add a flower arch, custom neon sign, flowers, pictures, live musicians and so on.
Things to keep in mind when planning a “ Premium light the night” proposal:
- For the candles to glow it need to be dark outside. So, if you are looking at sunset, this option won’t work.
- You are allowed to bring personal items, but everything should be cleaned after the engagement. The park doesn’t allow confetti, glitter, fake rose petals, real candles, alcohol, sparkles and balloons.
- It is a public park, so be aware that people can be around.
- You can invite friends and family, no limit on numbers.
- You can bring food and desserts, but nothing should be left in the gazebo after the proposal.
- There is no cover in case of rain. If it rains, it rains and you need to bring umbrellas or reschedule for another day.
- No vehicles are permitted in the park.
- No amplified music is permitted in the park.
- There is no designated parking in the park, only street parking or parking garages.
- There are two nice restaurants in the park, where you can celebrate your brand new engagement.
How to bring your partner to the park without suspicion:
- Central Park is famous for its free concerts and events. You can always use this as a cover for your proposal.
- Central Park is famous for its picnics. You could always suggest having a picnic date in the park and bringing your partner to the gazebo without suspicion.
- There are two nice restaurants in the park: Tavern on the Green and Loeb Boathouse ( this one might be closing down in October). So you can use a dinner reservation as your cover.
- The Wollman Rink is now hosting roller-disco parties. You can invite your partner for a fun date and bring her to the proposal location without suspicion.
- Dance classes by the Bethesda Fountain. Central Park is known for its free dance classes, you can easily use this as a way to lure your partner to the proposal location.
What to say when you propose to your partner:
- Say what you love most about your partner.
- Don’t try to sound too formal, speak from your heart.
- Mention the moment you realize that your partner was the one.
- Mention the future you see together.
- Feel the emotions and let them flow
A marriage proposal is a beautiful event and this memory will stay with you and your partner forever. It doesn’t need to be fancy or expensive, but rather personal and intimate. Always think of your partner when you plan your proposal. If you don’t know where to start, contact us directly firstname.lastname@example.org and our experienced team will help you to create the most unforgettable marriage proposal experience.