How to plan a perfect holiday proposal
The holiday season is right around the corner and it is high time to start planning your perfect engagement. December is an extremely busy month in New York, with the seasonal decorations, ice skating rinks, shopping, and holiday performances, it is easy to lose track of time and leave the proposal planning for a last-minute.
So, let’s start planning together. Would you like your proposal to be indoors or outdoors? public or private?
Private indoors proposal ideas
Winter in New York is very tricky, it can be nice and warm during the day, but cold and very windy in the evening. And it is always a good option to have a location with the cover, in case of snow, rain or heavy wind.
- If you looking for a private marriage proposal than the rooftop with the inside room will be a great option. You still will have a terrace and a beautiful city view, but if the weather won’t be so great, you have an option to stay inside.
- Another great option will be our carousel proposal. It is a private carousel pavilion, which will be opened only for you two. The carousel has an absolutely stunning view of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- The private dining experience will suit those couples, who love good restaurants but don’t like to be in a crowd. We can organize a flash mob proposal in the restaurant and after you pop the question, you and your partner will have a romantic evening together.
Public indoors proposal ideas
December is really one of the most beautiful times of the year in New York, every street is glowing with lights and music playing on every corner. Again, with the tricky weather staying indoors might be a good option.
- Museum day. The best way to avoid cold weather is by staying inside. A museum day trip might be a good cover and a perfect place to pop the question. Choose the room in a museum that fits your mood and get on one knee, stunning backdrop guaranteed.
- Observation deck. You can enjoy the stunning view and be covered by the wind at the New World Center Observation Deck. Unlike the Empire State Building and the Top of the Rock, this deck has 360-degree views and has inside rooms only. There is also a nice restaurant on the floor, so you can enjoy a chill champagne celebratory toast.
- Restaurant. If you don’t mind the other people being present at your proposal than restaurant engagement might be your thing. Book a table at the restaurant she always wanted to go and surprise her with a nice dessert proposal.
Private outdoors proposal ideas
December is full-of different outdoors activities and you just can’t stay home, when there are so many things you can do.
- Private Ice skating rink proposal. You still will be surrounded by people but will have a private time with your partner. This proposal is not for shy couples, but it is absolutely magical to skate with your partner alone and hear people’s cheer.
- Another great private outdoor proposal idea will be a private rooftop. Most of the rooftops are open and you can enjoy a beautiful sky and city view. Plus you can decorate the place as you wish and make the proposal more personal and significant just for you two.
- We love Holiday Markets. For the 3rd year in a row, we will have our private holiday market booth, which is available for marriage proposals. We hide the ring in an ornament ball and hang it on a tree, so when you come you picked it up from there and surprise your partner with the ring.
Public outdoor proposal ideas
This category is the most popular during the Holiday season as everyone wants to visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree or Central Park, and the whole city is covered in Christmas decorations and lights.
- Lotte Palace Christmas Tree. This is an absolutely stunning tree and it looks marvelous on the pictures. The Hotel yard is open for the public, so usually, there are lots of people around, but it’s absolutely worth it.
- Central Park. Yes, it is absolutely amazing during the winter. You can take a horse and carriage ride and propose by the world-famous Bow Bride, or go ice skating in a park and propose on the ice. If you will be lucky and the snow will be falling you will experience the real winter wonderland in the park.
- Sea Port. This area is truly magical during the holiday season, plus the architecture of this neighborhood is mind-blowing. There is a hidden elevated public park in the area with the Brooklyn bridge view. Perfect proposal spot!
Creative proposal ideas
If you looking for creative ways to pop the question, those proposal ideas might be handy for you.
- Newspaper proposal. Imagine walking in a park and stumble upon a group of strangers reading newspapers. Imagine them flipping the page and display the ” Will You Marry Me’ phrase written on it. Very fun and absolutely surprising.
- Times Square Billboard live stream proposal. Oh yes, we can do it now. The billboard will stream live the proposal, absolutely mind-blowing experience, and truly New York minute fame.
- Harry Potter Inspired Bookstore Proposal. Private bookstore styled with the favorite wizard things, a projector playing your favorite Harry Potter movie and of course the butterbeer.
We hope that you will find those ideas helpful and if you planning to propose this Holiday Season, but don’t know where to start, contact us now and our experienced team will help you to create the most unforgettable marriage experience.